[lbo-talk] Re: Dull, dull, dull

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue Aug 5 08:05:56 PDT 2003

Chuck0 wrote:

>Are you talking about Beavis and Butthead before the ban on "fire"
>or after it?

Hmm, good question - I'd forgotten about that controversy. You can't make a revolution without at least a little fire, right?

One of the more thrilling celeb experiences of my life was meeting former B&B head writer Glenn Eichler, who told me that the demo tape that Mike Judge brought to MTV showed the boy heroes smashing a frog with a hammer. The network brought in smartass New York Jews (his phrase, not mine), and the rest is entertainment history.

Doug