[lbo-talk] mobile phones and telemarketers [was: backlash?]

Wojciech Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Tue Aug 5 13:39:28 PDT 2003

> >Don't they use random-digit dialing? That would get around the cell
> >phone problem.
>
> Apparently not, though I don't understand why. I'll ask the AAPOR
comrades.

That would be very interesting to know. I disconnected my land line about six months ago due to high volume of telemarketing calls (caller ID did not prevent being disturbed by continuous ringing, including attempts to send faxes at 3 AM) and use only a mobile phone. So far I have not received a single telemarketing call, but I am also using my old disconnected number forinternet orders, credit cards etc. I wonder, however, how long this freedom form telemarketers is going to last?

Wojtek