[lbo-talk] Free trade costs thousands of jobs... none other than conservative Phyllis Schlafly...

Kevin Robert Dean qualiall at union.org.za
Tue Aug 5 20:47:40 PDT 2003

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003 20:13:44 -0700

"Eubulides" <paraconsistent at comcast.net> wrote:

> The only thing wrong with this piece is that free trade
> does not exist on
> planet earth.
>
> Ian

"But, in general, the protective system of our day is conservative, while the free trade system is destructive. It breaks up old nationalities and pushes the antagonism of the proletariat and the bourgeoisie to the extreme point. In a word, the free trade system hastens the social revolution. It is in this revolutionary sense alone, gentlemen, that I vote in favor of free trade." - Karl Marx --- Sent from UnionMail Service [http://mail.union.org.za]