[lbo-talk] mobile phones and telemarketers [was: backlash?]

Michael Pollak mpollak at panix.com
Wed Aug 6 11:32:03 PDT 2003

> A better way to deal with telemarketers is

This all seems so Rube Goldbergish to me. Getting rid of all telemarketers and none of your friends is simple: turn off the ringer and turn up the volume on the phone machine. Callers announce who they are, just like they do when they come to your door. And voila: no one but friends will call anymore.

I haven't spoken to a telemarketer in 20 years. I don't even get a message from them on my machine more than once a month.

Michael