[lbo-talk] Another Leftist Hawk for Peace

budge budge at el-pleasant.org
Wed Aug 6 14:39:45 PDT 2003

On Wed, 6 Aug 2003 at 4:55pm Doug Henwood wrote:

> budge wrote:
>
> >Luttwak is a leftist?
>
> He described himself to me as a Cold War social democrat,
> anti-Communist but in favor of domestic redistribution.

huh. From the little I've read of him he seemed more like a right-libertarian (which makes the anti-war thing no real surprise). In particular, I remember a paean to markets of his focused around his cattle ranch in South America (Bolivia?, Ecuador?) that struck me as very Cato-ish. Perhaps I misread him.

Speaking of anti-war, why does Schlafly's opposition surprise anyone familiar with Buchanan's opposition? I think of those two as practicaly twins...

-- no Onan

"superior sound quality"