[lbo-talk] Re: Dull, dull, dull

Thomas Seay entheogens at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 6 15:22:36 PDT 2003

--- JBrown72073 at cs.com wrote:

> The humorlessness charge is used against feminists
> because it's part of our
> job description to be amusing to men and not dare to
> dabble in the serious;
> when we cross these lines we're characterized as
> humorless, although oddly it's
> not counted as humor when we make fun of men.

I dont doubt that this is true in msny contexts, but I also think a lot of feminists are a subset of the drab, sad, angry, frustrated, cant put forward a positive program, American left. There is something unhealthy about any group that takes itself so damn seriously that it can not make fun of itself.

Thomas

===== <<You and me baby ain't nothin' but mammals So let's do it like they do it on the Discovery Channel>>

Bloodhound Gang, "The Bad Touch"