[lbo-talk] Bearing Right How Conservatives Won the Abortion War

Jeet Heer jeet at sturdynet.com
Thu Aug 7 18:21:58 PDT 2003

I really like Saletan's essay for Slate.com so I'm sure this is going to be an interesting book. However, I was struck by the fact that this is a book about abortion and all the half-doze blurbs are by men -- not that men don't have anything to say on the topic but it perhaps illustrates Saletan's own thesis that he and his publishers see nothing amiss about excluding female voices from the promotional material of a book on abortion -- truly is the triumph of a sort of conservatism in the abortion debate.

From: Michael Pugliese