[lbo-talk] Debate Resumes on the Safety of Depression's Wonder Drugs

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Fri Aug 8 11:52:07 PDT 2003

Also see the Peter Breggin book, "Talking Back to Prozac, " for a reply to the bestselling, "Listening To Prozac, " which was a better book than I expected it to be. Breggin is a kook. http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/7776/PROZAC1.HTM

-
> From the Nobody Show

WEOS 89.7FM Geneva, NY. Taped on 1/24/96 Guest: Peter Breggin: psychiatrist, critic of psychiatry, and author

Nobody: Hi everybody. It's Nobody, and welcome back to the second hour of the nobody show. I've had a lot of guests on this show, most of them -- well all of them -- I'm happy to talk to, some of them I disagree with a lot... but only a minority of them are people that I truly admire. And my guest tonight is somebody who's in that category. He is an author who has written some ground breaking books. Long before I thought of having him on the show, I read his book Toxic Psychiatry [books can be purchased by clicking the links --ep] cover to cover, thought it was brilliant, brilliantly researched and documented. He's also written a book called Talking Back to Prozac. Both of these books are out in paperback at the moment. And he's also the director of the Center for the Study of Psychiatry and Psychology. Dr. Peter Breggin, welcome to the Nobody Show! <SNIP>