[lbo-talk] Re: Dull, dull, dull

Michael Pugliese debsian at pacbell.net
Fri Aug 8 12:12:42 PDT 2003

http://blog.simmins.org/ Katie Couric, this morning: "Let me ask you about his, his baggage, if you will. He's admitted smoking marijuana, using steroids during his body-building career. He's the son of a Nazi Party member. He said he was prejudiced before overcoming those feelings by working with the Simon Weisenthal Center in Los Angeles and the Dean of the Center said an investigation of Schwarzenegger's late father, conducted at the actor's request, found no evidence of war crimes. Through his publicist he's denied allegations published in Premiere magazine in March 2001, that he sexually harassed women and committed infidelity. All those things, are they gonna be front and center, Darry, if you, do you think in this campaign?"

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/politics/july-dec03/recall_8-7.html
> ...Governor Brown, what does Arnold Schwarzenegger's entry do to this
> race and to Gray Davis' chances of holding on to his job?
Schwarzenegger's entry into the race

MAYOR JERRY BROWN: Well, at this moment, the overarching media presence is so great, that I think we, you know, should put it in some perspective. But whatever the perspective is, it is a very powerful force going against the Democratic governor. At this point, the recall is now a mechanism to allow a lot of the anger, a lot of the frustration with problems in Sacramento, problems in the economy, general frustration, to be very forcefully expressed in a short campaign.

It looks to me like the governor's in big trouble, and if the Democrats want to save the day, they still, at this late hour, can all come together and ask the one candidate that I think overwhelmingly can compete with the Republicans, and that's Senator Diane Feinstein. She doesn't want to do it, but if labor and the other constituencies will form this phalanx of defense, break ranks and join in a new effort, a coalition to bring out this senior statesperson, then I think we're going to have a much more interesting, constructive and I think, from a Democratic point of view, more optimistic possibility in this unprecedented recall.

http://www.spynets.com/lyrics/lyrics_details.php?ID=9531 I am Governor Jerry Brown My aura smiles And never frowns Soon I will be president

Carter power will soon go away I will be Fuhrer one day I will command all of you Your kids will meditate in school

California Uber Alles Uber Alles California

Zen fascists will control you 100% natural You will jog for the master race And always wear the happy face

Close your eyes, can't happen here Big Bro' on white horse is near The hippies won't come back you say Mellow out or you will pay

California Uber Alles Uber Alles California

Now it is 1984 Knock knock at your front door It's the suede/denim secret police They have come for your uncool neice

Come quitely to the camp You'd look nice as a drawstring lamp Don't you worry, it's only a shower For your clothes here's a pretty flower

Die on organic poison gas Serpent's egg's already hatched You will crack, you little clown When you mess with President Brown

California Uber Alles Uber Alles California

-- Michael Pugliese