[lbo-talk] Cry, the beloved two-state solution

Bryan Atinsky bryan at indymedia.org.il
Sat Aug 9 03:38:36 PDT 2003

>From: "Wojtek Sokolowski" <sokol at jhu.edu>
> The main thing that prevents
> that form happening in Israel is, imho, that a secular multi-ethnic
> state where Jews and Arabs share political power would undermine
> Israel's usefulness as the outpost of the US empire in the region. That
> is also a likely reason why Rabin had to "go."
>
> Wojtek

I think that's a bit too conspiracy theory for me. Especially the "likely reason why Rabin had to 'go'"

I think that there are more straightfoward issues of emotion; intertia of state, military and economic structures; ideology; fear; nationalism; religious belief and interpretation of history.

Bryan