[lbo-talk] Patriotism is Relative, Not Absolute

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 9 20:21:17 PDT 2003

--- > oh maybe you weren't here earlier when we discussed
> the notion that
> country refers to something more like culture. that
> could have it's own
> problems, of course, especially if one is asserting
> superiority, but i
> don't think that's entirely what justin was up to.

Oh, not _entirely_, just _partially_, although this is a notion I specifically repudiated? What, do you think that if I am patriotic above jazz as an American art form that I must think that it is better than, oh, I don't know, klezmer music? Indian ragas? Ska? Sheesh, Kells, you can do better than that. jks