[lbo-talk] Re: Eurasianism

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 10 09:50:58 PDT 2003

Chris Doss posted:

This is the ACTUAL Eurasia Party, not something kicked up in the fevered imagination of someone trying to cash in on the popular "Russia as Weimar" motif that was oh-so-fashionable pre-Sept. 11.:

http://www.eurasia.com.ru/dugin0103_eng.html

Thanks for posting this Chris. I was completely unwaware of this movement.

In May 2001 the Atlantic Monthly published an essay by Jeffrey Taylor titled, in 'end of history' style, "Russia is Finished."

If you want to induce a headache you can read it at

http://www.theatlantic.com/issues/2001/05/tayler-p1.htm

While I'm certainly no expert on Russian matters (a fact my Russian emigre colleagues in the IT field constantly strive to change) I knew that this proclamation was foolish - to put it mildly.

People all over the world are laboring to create alternatives to the American model of globalization.

It is not surprising that some very intriguing ideas - regardless of your view of Eurasianism - are coming from Russia.

DRM