[lbo-talk] California's Glorious Recall

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Mon Aug 11 18:14:39 PDT 2003

At 5:38 PM -0700 8/11/03, mike larkin wrote:
>I think he said this about the election of Bush, too; a little
>"creative destruction" would be good for the political system. Well,
>I've had about all the creative destroying I can handle, thank you
>very much.

There's no point in complaining of Alex Cockburn's love of chaos and creative destruction -- after all, it's not his preference but Darrell Issa's money and real discontent of Californian voters that put the recall on the ballot. And now that it's on the ballot, left-wingers need to think about which candidate/party to campaign for (not just "vote for") and how. -- Yoshie

* Bring Them Home Now! <http://www.bringthemhomenow.org/> * Calendars of Events in Columbus: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/calendar.html>, <http://www.freepress.org/calendar.php>, & <http://www.cpanews.org/> * Student International Forum: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osudivest.org/> * Al-Awda-Ohio: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Al-Awda-Ohio> * Solidarity: <http://solidarity.igc.org/>