[lbo-talk] Re: therapy vs drugs

Luke Weiger lweiger at umich.edu
Mon Aug 11 21:36:21 PDT 2003

> Both lweiger & Doug here are playing fast and loose with the verb
> "depend." Do you really think you can say much about the most complex
> topic in the universe in one sentence jabs?
>
> Carrol

For such a smart guy, and one who supposedly doesn't try to score cheap rhetorical points, you sure do take a lot of ridiculously dumb cheap shots. I doubt that either Doug or I is going to solve the mind/body problem on list, or even say something particularly interesting (much less original) about the subject, but one or both of us might well learn something. And, actually, brilliant philosophical work needn't take up much space in many instances. Saul Kripke certainly didn't need a whole lot of verbiage to raise the most convincing objection to physicalism I've ever encountered.

-- Luke