[lbo-talk] Doomed

Jon Johanning jjohanning at igc.org
Tue Aug 12 13:39:40 PDT 2003

On Monday, August 11, 2003, at 11:31 PM, Kelley wrote:

> just a point of order: I'm not sure how unemployment got into this.

I don't know either; I think I picked it up from the Mills quote. Anyway, the case you give of the guy refusing work to watch the soaps is certainly more interesting than a simple unemployment case.

Personally, compared with this guy, I've never worked for a large corporation or organization since I taught at a state university for a few years. I've been a working-at-home free-lancer for over 20 years, so have never been laid off. The only way I could "make it" any better than I have is by starting an agency and hiring free-lancers, and I certainly don't want to go in that direction.

When I was married my wife