[lbo-talk] Give Up

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Wed Aug 13 10:52:51 PDT 2003

Jks:
> but it's not going away. I have rarely, however, seen
> a case where an individual acting pro se did anywhere
> near as well as even a bad lawyer, of which there are
> many.

There is another aspect of it - emotional distance from the case. A hired professional usually has it, whereas the person involved in the case seldom does. That makes it easier for the professional to make sound judgments. That works for other professionals as well, counselors, doctors, etc. Which raises the question how often lawyers hire other lawyers to represent them in court?

Wojtek