[lbo-talk] Re: doomed

JBrown72073 at cs.com JBrown72073 at cs.com
Wed Aug 13 16:19:28 PDT 2003

>> >jks:
>> >Nice work if you can get it
>> >And if you get it, won't you tell me how
>> >
>> >--The Gershwins.
>>
>> You can't hurry love
>>
>> --The Supremes.
>
>There is an infinite amount of hope, but not for us.
>
>--Kafka

You think that's what I was saying? You think that was what Mama was saying?

Or is that what you're saying? People develop solidarity even in this most individuating of societies--they can't be stopped--I think that's cause for encouragement and celebration. I was saying we don't have to wait for a revolution to save each others' sanity. Look at all the 'support groups' out there--people are trying to figure things out and put them together despite the propaganda that you're a weakling, a nut or a failure if you join one. I watched the Military Families Speak Out/Vets for Peace press conference on C-Span-- people write in to them: 'My kid's in Iraq... I'm so glad I found you. ... I thought I was the only one who thought this way...' I thought they did a good job at the press conference, by the way.

Jenny Brown