[lbo-talk] service coops (was Servant culture)

Liza Featherstone lfeather32 at erols.com
Thu Aug 14 12:12:12 PDT 2003

Well, as for "value add" I have no idea, since I've never hired either a cleaning service or an individual cleaner. I just clean badly or not at all. You don't really explain what you mean, but I assume that you mean a "value add" to the consumer, in convenience or better quality work or whatever, and I wasn't actually talking about that - I was talking about how you, either as a cleaner or an employer, might find an arrangement more advantageous to the WORKER. and a lot of us were talking about the political contradictions therein. This being the LEFT business observer mail-list and all.

and as for airline pilots and flight attendants, isn't that kind of a silly response? sure, of course you WANT extend that to your flight attendant and you want to make a world in which you can do that... but I'm afraid I was being boring and talking about how choices people make right now.

Liza