[lbo-talk] Power blackout in US

Matt lbo at beyondzero.net
Fri Aug 15 09:04:22 PDT 2003

On Fri, Aug 15, 2003 at 11:43:56AM -0400, Chris Doss wrote:
> What the fuck is going on over there?
>
> I can't believe I get my US news through LBO-Talk.

Real New Yorkers probably have no power from their PCs to reply. :) But it seems that the interchange between ConEd (NYC Power Company) and Niagara and the Canadian power company allowed a blackout to cascade. Something didn't work correctly in the system that allows the power companies for these areas to share load. I'm located near Philadelphia and things are fine here. Power is slowly being restored according to news reports I've heard. I still get a fast busy calling the cell numbers of various NYC friends, though.

Matt

-- PGP RSA Key ID: 0x1F6A4471 aim: beyondzero123 PGP DH/DSS Key ID: 0xAFF35DF2 icq: 120941588 http://blogdayafternoon.com yahoo msg: beyondzero123

We don't know if it was a case of international terrorism... or road rage.

-FBI Agent Frank Perry, commenting on the three-state alert regarding a car containing 'middle eastern men' which alledgedly tried to run a fuel truck off the road.