[lbo-talk] Power blackout in US

jakub at att.net jakub at att.net
Fri Aug 15 09:26:31 PDT 2003

I hear from friends in Westchester and Connecticut that things are getting back to normal up there, but the news is saying that most of NYC may be down for much of the day. Seems to me that things are far worse in Cleveland, which is reportedly without water. The furthest west it extended was apparently the Michigan UP, parts of which went off last night. A friend in the Hudson Valley wrote this morning that while everything else was dark, West Point was fully illuminated as usual, so no escape from light pollution even in a blackout, courtesy of the military academy.

Jacob Conrad