[lbo-talk] Alex Cockburn on Ted Honderich

C. G. Estabrook galliher at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu
Sat Aug 16 15:04:06 PDT 2003

The point was that racism is not simply prejudice but a structure of law and practice. There are still prejudiced people in Virginia, but white privilege and discrimination no longer exist in law. (Practice is of course another matter.) I mentioned Virginia because it had been granted that "the Jim Crow south or apartheid South Africa" were examples of a racist state. --CGE