[lbo-talk] Re: Re: Alex Cockburn (Jonathan Ruby)

Jonathan Ruby Jon.Ruby2 at verizon.net
Sun Aug 17 20:19:48 PDT 2003

Thiago Oppermann wrote:

> Most of the earth's people never committed genocides, as far as we can tell.

Maybe, but you're not among them.

To quote the British governer general of India: "the bones of the cotton weavers are bleaching the plains of India".

Perhaps you have heard of the Middle Passage, a great monument to the creation of America's wealth?

Have much Indian trouble out your way?

It is an embarrasement to have to remind a reader of this list of these elementary facts.

> And those which have don't celebrate such events as holy victories and
> inspirational ones at that

And exactly who does?