[lbo-talk] Re: Re: Alex Cockburn (Jonathan Ruby)

Bill Bartlett billbartlett at enterprize.net.au
Mon Aug 18 09:12:58 PDT 2003

At 11:22 AM -0400 18/8/03, Jonathan Ruby wrote:

>Ah, but you sound pure American to me. Given a political problem you
>respond with a little story about your personal life. How nice that
>you have such a colorfull family history, how charming, how irrelevant.

Don't be such a prawn. Or have you forgotten that he was responding to this line from you:

> Thiago Oppermann wrote:
>
>> Most of the earth's people never committed genocides, as far as we can tell.
>
> Maybe, but you're not among them.

It was YOU who brought his personal history into it, he was merely responding to your direct accusation that he was personally guilty of genocide. Then you turn around and accuse him of being irrelevant.

Bill Bartlett Bracknell Tas