[lbo-talk] RE: Dangerous liasons

joanna bujes jbujes at covad.net
Mon Aug 18 20:55:52 PDT 2003

Michael Brooks writes:

"So maybe Ormerod and Roach have delivered another pleasant surprise: perhaps it is a sign of humanity's progress that our understanding of scale-free networks is now saving lives, not ending them. You could almost call it enlightenment."

I feel might uncomfortable equating heresy with disease. You know: heresy is disease, terrorism is disease, jews are germs, etc.

I mean, are they going to identify McDonald's as a hub? Doubt it. Are they going to identify Hamas as a hub? More likely.

Enlightenment has nothing to do with method.

Joanna