[lbo-talk] questions

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Tue Aug 19 09:48:18 PDT 2003

Attorney General Ashcroft is visiting a school. After the typical civics presentation to the class, he announces, "All rights, boys and girls, you can all ask me questions now." Bobby raises his hand and says "I have three questions" 1. How did Bush win the election with fewer votes than Gore? 2. Why are you using the USA Patriot Act to limit American's civil liberties? 3. Why hasn't the U.S. caught Osama bin Laden yet?"

Just then the bell sounds and all the kids run out to play. Fifteen minutes later, thekids come back in class and again Ashcroft says "I am sorry we were interrupted by the bell. Now you can ask all questions you like." Charlene raises her hand and says, "I have five questions:" 1. How did Bush win the election with fewer votes than Gore? 2. Why are you using the USA Patriot Act to limit American's civil liberties? 3. Why hasn't the U.S. caught Osama bin Laden yet?" 4. Why did the bell go off 20 minutes early? 5. Where is Bobby?