[lbo-talk] Thomas Friedman: The Next Jason Blair?

mike larkin mike_larkin2001 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 19 13:24:32 PDT 2003

"When I was a Sophomore I took a course called Globalization and Its Discontents, co-taught by Thomas Friedman, Michael Sandel, and Stanley Hoffman. Several times during the run of the class I read Friedman columns in which he quoted anonymous people like "an Egyptian friend" or "one European" who were saying things that sounded suspiciously like things that students in the class had said during post-lecture discussion. It really began to lodge some serious doubts in my mind about the veracity of his reporting.

Posted by Matt Yglesias at August 17, 2003 01:30 AM | TrackBack http://www.matthewyglesias.com/archives/001255.html#001255"