[lbo-talk] Intellectuals: The Leo-conservatives -

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 20 06:19:17 PDT 2003

I didn't write the except quoted below, but (a) Heidegger was not an emigrant, and (b) the Frankfurters, though influential, did not establish a movement, much less one that became widespread; (c) same with Arendt. But (d) the logical positivists, some of whom, like my teacher Carl Hempel, were German, were emigrants and did establish a movement that becvame widespread in the US -- as I remarked.