[lbo-talk] prefiguring utopia

Yoshie Furuhashi furuhashi.1 at osu.edu
Thu Aug 21 13:23:42 PDT 2003

>Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:
>
>>My wishful thinking is that "prefiguring utopia" at LBO-talk means
>>that there will be no more long LBO-talk threads titled, for
>>instance, "Dull, dull, dull" (Cf.
>><http://squawk.ca/lbo-talk/0308/index.html>).
>
>We don't have to suspend criticism - we should just be friendlier
>about it, and not assume the worst about the targets.
>
>Doug

Suppose, though, that a curious would-be Left Business Observer looks into the LBO-talk archive, wishing to know what Left Business Observers are up to these days and whether to join us, and discovers interminable threads titled "Dull, dull, dull" or variations thereof. It is hardly reasonable to expect her to find the listserv exciting (even taking summer doldrums into account). -- Yoshie

* Bring Them Home Now! <http://www.bringthemhomenow.org/> * Calendars of Events in Columbus: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/calendar.html>, <http://www.freepress.org/calendar.php>, & <http://www.cpanews.org/> * Student International Forum: <http://www.osu.edu/students/sif/> * Committee for Justice in Palestine: <http://www.osudivest.org/> * Al-Awda-Ohio: <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Al-Awda-Ohio> * Solidarity: <http://solidarity.igc.org/>