[lbo-talk] Re: Eurasianism

Grant Lee grantlee at iinet.net.au
Sat Aug 23 07:53:17 PDT 2003

From: "Chris Doss"

> I note the author describes a movement as "nationalist" which does not
> appear anywhere in the text to be nationalist, apparently not noticing the
> difference between a nation and a continent:

But nations and nationalisms are continually being invented. A multi-ethnic continent can be a nation. I live in one such case. Another example is what I would describe as the emerging "EU-nationalism".

And for what its worth I think virtually all nationalisms suck -- IMO they serve mainly as vehicles for accumulation and the displining of labour.