[lbo-talk] Hitchens on Said

kjkhoo at softhome.net kjkhoo at softhome.net
Mon Aug 25 00:16:50 PDT 2003

dredmond at efn.org wrote:
>Quoting mike larkin <mike_larkin2001 at yahoo.com>:

why bother? Edward Said's reputation will remain pretty intact no matter the stones that Hitchens might choose to cast. It's time to let go of Hitchens...

if one wants any real insights -- or even just one agonised and agonising experience of the outcome of 'liberation' (the transition from "rogue" to "failed" state?) -- time is better spent reading 'river', the woman baghdad blogger --

Baghdad Burning <http://riverbendblog.blogspot.com/>

... I'll meet you 'round the bend my friend, where hearts can heal and souls can mend...