[lbo-talk] school uniforms

Duncan Clark dclark at ptd.net
Mon Aug 25 10:32:48 PDT 2003

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 10:50:43 -0400, Brian Siano wrote:

>Let me guess. You don't blindly follow dominant cultural fads. In fact,
>you make your clothing out of corn flax and hemp fiber which you
>cultivate, dry out, weave, and knit together all by yourself, down at
>your farm in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania.

Okay, in the interest of anthropological accuracy I'll forsake lurkdom to point out that the only folks who spin flax around here entertain tourists down at the farm museum.

The Amish, if that's who you're referencing, favor polyester and polyester blends. Crepe for bonnets, double-knit for pants and vests -- all plain, of course. And more or less uniform.

Duncan M. Clark

Lanc. Co. Southcentral PA (which, BTW, is nearly the nasty, Christ-obsessed hinterland Wojtek claims)