[lbo-talk] Sad Story

andie nachgeborenen andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 25 20:19:48 PDT 2003

On a long car trip today, I discussed politics with my almost-14 year old daughter, and the Clintons came up as a topic. She said she'd vore for Hilary cause she's smart. I said I didn't like them because they knew what was right and did the wrong thing. Like what, she said. I said, like full employment, nationa; health, no striker replacement. Oh, she said, you mean _communism._ Like Ralph Nader.

So that is how things look to a smart 13 year old. Old style liberalism is communism. Clintonism is the far limit of the possible. Are we fucked, or what? And not in the nice way.

jks