[lbo-talk] Sad Story

Luke Weiger lweiger at umich.edu
Tue Aug 26 13:19:02 PDT 2003

> Don't forget Justin that children at her age have a deep need to not
> stand out -- they want to conform. they are just not ready to stand
> alone and take on the big guns.
>
> Marta

What's remarkable is that his daughter's political opinions no longer conform to his own (perhaps they never did). My politics almost completely mirrored my father's until the age of 15 or so. (When I was six or seven, my teacher asked each student to write a letter to President Bush--I asked him why he sold weapons to Iran to fund the contras. Don't think I had the faintest idea of where Iran was or who the contras were.)

-- Luke