[lbo-talk] Sad Story

John Thornton jthorn65 at mchsi.com
Tue Aug 26 15:30:30 PDT 2003

> > So that is how things look to a smart 13 year old. Old
> > style liberalism is communism. Clintonism is the far
> > limit of the possible. Are we fucked, or what? And not
> > in the nice way.
> >
> > jks
>
>I've got to admit it's getting better
>A little better all the time
>
>And so it is. Better to be a prospective American in the original position
>2003 than in 1903 (and 1903 was markedly better than 1803). I'd be shocked
>if my grandchildren aren't able to make similarly favorable comparisons
>between 2103 and 2003.
>
>-- Luke

The idea that things are getting better reminds me of a thread from a short while back. How does a person who understands the ramifications of anthropomorphic climate change hold a positive outlook? If a person does not understand it's ramifications what hope is there for any improvement on that front?

John Thornton