[lbo-talk] W: disaster = progress

Gregory Geboski greg at mail.unionwebservices.com
Tue Aug 26 20:33:38 PDT 2003

Dwayne Monroe wrote:

<< The super-heated rhetoric is priceless; straight from a comic book. >>

Ha ha. W's working to establish the point (its senselessness is irrelevant) that backing down in Iraq means backing down to terrorists. And that the next terrorist attack in the "Homeland" will require further escalation in Iraq, or wherever "we" choose to find the terrorists. Pretty funny.

<< Back in our universe I wonder, do these people believe their own hype? >>

I think they know or care little about the long-term consequences of their actions, other than that they expect to maintain and advance their power for a long time to come. But when it comes to their rhetoric, I think they know exactly what they're saying, and why.

I for one do not laugh at these people.

---------- Original Message ---------------------------------- From: Dwayne Monroe <idoru345 at yahoo.com> Reply-To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 18:07:01 -0700 (PDT)