[lbo-talk] 40th Anniversary March on Washington

DoreneFC at aol.com DoreneFC at aol.com
Wed Aug 27 10:23:49 PDT 2003

Just out of curiosity, did anyone on this list go to the 40th Anniversary March on Washington?

Has anyone besides me been paying attention to historical commentary in broadcast media about the meaning of the original march, the I Have a Dream Speech, the amazing organizing spectacle, the resulting legislation, the general place of marches on WA.

For the record, I did not go. Seattle was blessed by the spectacle of the White House occupant attempting to be "The Salmon President" by opposing the few measures actually expected to help restore local salmon runs. There were several anti-Bush events over the weekend, but to my knowledge NO ONE organizing local events made the connection with the anniversary events in DC.

So I am checking in: did the DC events register on anyone else's radar screens?

DoreneC -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20030827/36abd373/attachment.htm>