[lbo-talk] school uniforms

Kelley the-squeeze at pulpculture.org
Wed Aug 27 13:40:26 PDT 2003

At 04:15 PM 8/27/03 -0400, Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:
> > At 03:22 PM 8/27/03 -0400, Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:
> > >Kelley:
>households
> > >are
> > >income,
> > >

> > >Not necessarily, see the below from
> > >http://www.census.gov/population/www/cps/cpsdef.html
> >
> > um, what wasn't clear about my example: a friend who has five kids
>plus her
> > latest "roomie", an unemployed pregnant stripper making it a 7 person,
>one
> > income household?
> >
> Your definition of household as unrelated individuals.

oooh. i see. i thought i'd typed related and unrelated.

> They can be
>related or unrelated (e.g. the roomie). However, four college students
>living together that you mention are more likely to be considered group
>quarters, which are explicitly excluded.

ahhh. i wondered why you'd snipped for just that. i was thinking of four college students sharing an apt. i must be misreading the definition where it says, "A person living alone in a housing unit, or a group of unrelated people sharing a housing unit such as partners or roomers, is also counted as a household." The guys across the hall sharing a two bedroom are students, and they'd be considered a household, right? I wasn't thinking of four students in a dorm room which would see to be what they mean by "group quarters," yes?