[lbo-talk] Stomping Out the Reds

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed Aug 27 13:48:52 PDT 2003

Guilherme wrote:

>"Bayonets bright gleaming, panzers forward streaming,
>Hear the Commies screaming, underneath our treads!
>Scorn their masses teeming, and their traitors' scheming,
>We're the West redeeming, stomping out the Reds!"
>
>wow. panzers???!!! what a hoot! i don't know much about this song,
>whats the fascism connection here?

As they say at the top of the lyric sheet <http://www.msu.edu/~repubs/stomping.htm>, "a favorite of the P.O.R.," the POR being the Party of the Right at Yale. I discuss the panzer connection in my two pieces about the POR, <http://eserver.org/bs/36/henwood.html> and <http://www.thenation.com/doc.mhtml%3Fi=20030217&s=henwood>. It's not a trivial connection.

Doug