[lbo-talk] *Materialism and Empirio-Criticism*

Jim Farmelant farmelantj at juno.com
Thu Aug 28 10:44:56 PDT 2003

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003 14:27:58 -0400 "Charles Brown" <cbrown at michiganlegal.org> writes:
> CB: Now that I think about it, I think it was A.J. Ayer, not W. , who
> you
> once said this about, maybe.

Ayer admitted in his autobiography, *A Part of My Life* that Lenin had been correct in perceiving that Machist positivism (like the sort that Ayer, himself, had championed in his *Language, Truth, and Logic) was very much rooted in Berekeleyian subjective idealism. Then again, in *Language, Truth, and Logic*, Ayer pointed out in passing that it was a development of a stream of thought that began with Berkeley.