[lbo-talk] palast interview

R rhisiart at charter.net
Thu Aug 28 15:55:38 PDT 2003

August 29, 2003

Greg Palast answers "Was the Iraq War a Bush Cartel Effort to Divert Attention from Saudi Arabia, the Home and Chief Financier of bin Laden?"

A BUZZFLASH INTERVIEW

Why is Greg Palast the person whom we have most frequently interviewed on BuzzFlash.com? Well, here's a quote from today's conversation:

"Our President said in his speech in March that when we go into Iraq, we are going there because Saddam Hussein has harbored, trained and funded terrorists, including those connected to al-Qaeda. If we are going to attack a nation and occupy it because of a connection to al-Qaeda, which never appeared, then what are we doing with Saudi Arabia? They are effectively occupying us financially. We have become a financial colony of the petro-fanatics." -- Greg Palast

Greg doesn't pull any punches!

continued http://www.buzzflash.com/interviews/03/08/29_palast.html

Quis custodiet istos custodes?

"Who will watch the watchers?" ~ "Who is to guard the guards themselves?"

-- Juvenal's Satires, VI. 347, circa 110 AD