[lbo-talk] Iraqi public opinion

mike larkin mike_larkin2001 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 28 17:40:00 PDT 2003

It's easy for Western lefties like us to forget just how absolutely horrific things would have to be for people to actually take up arms. It's just the most last resort thing you'd ever want to do. Even if they took away my kazaa, for example, I'd still hope for a peaceful solution before shooting up the RIAA.

Parenti's statement about total chaos if the U.S. withdraws is also probably true. Which is why there is no happy ending in sight. Failed hawkish policies usually rebound to the benefit of the failers, so we can expect Bush to reap huge political dividends from his folly. Look at Sharon.