[lbo-talk] Sokal & Bricmont or Lenin?

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Fri Aug 29 08:03:33 PDT 2003

Gee, Justin, I believe poor Mikhail Simkin got his education in an epistemological Gulag in the Soviet Union and u got yours in the security of the homeland of the free. He's got a university job and u lost yours. What does that tell us ?

Charles

And what kind of Gulag is that? One where the secret police pick you up for doubting the existence of the external world, take you into a cellar where you face hungry graduate student TAs who studied with Robert Brandom, Richard Boyd (actually a commie!), William Alston, and other realists, and are subjected to ruthless dissection of your premises?

This is like something out of Monty Python, Mikhail. "Ever was was afraid of Doug. He used . . . . sarcasm. Synecdoche. Irony."

jks

"Michael Simkin" writes replying to