[lbo-talk] Iraqi public opinion

Maria Gilmore mgilmore at bigzoo.net
Fri Aug 29 13:38:48 PDT 2003

Something I think I heard Christian Parenti say on Doug's show yesterday was, a big reason Iraqis are not eager to take up arms as a people against their occupation would be the simple fact that one way or another their society has been at war for over 20 years now. They've had enough of it. That also helps explain the pleas to Americans to take the oil, just get the power back on and clean water flowing and some semblence of order and then...leave them alone!...