[lbo-talk] Baghdad: 35 Murders A Day

BrownBingb at aol.com BrownBingb at aol.com
Sun Aug 31 07:30:23 PDT 2003

Luke: Terrific--Yoshie claims to be in favor of real UN democracy. So am I.

^^^^^^ CB: So are u what ? Claiming to be in favor of real UN democracy ?

> Luke: Of course, that would entail a) the governments of despotic states
> wouldn't be represented, since the will of such regimes (contra Hobbes)
> rarely reflects anything like the collective will of the peoples they
> govern

CB: So, the U.S. government ( and French, and British..) ,as a dictatorship of the bourgeoisie, wouldn't be represented.

^^^^^

and b) nations would be represented in a manner proportional to their