[lbo-talk] signs of change

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Mon Dec 1 15:15:43 PST 2003

Brad Mayer wrote:

> And yes, Doug, that is the problem. Otherwise, why isn't there a
> strong boycott/sanction Israel movement, like there was with South
> Africa?

Could it have something to do with American pro-Israel leftists who know how to sabotage and pollute dialog on the left with such things as political correctness? I've been watching an internal debate over the last few days at the IMC DC (which has banned me from accessing their website) about the term "zionazi." There has been an effort at some IMCs to ban the use of this term as "anti-semitic," when the phrase is NOT anti-semitic and is very effective in conveying the outrage that many people feel over the fascist, racist policies of the Israeli government.

<< Chuck0 >>

Homepage -> http://chuck.mahost.org/ Infoshop.org -> http://www.infoshop.org/ Monumental Mistake (blog) -> http://chuck.mahost.org/weblog/index.php Practical Anarchy Online -> http://www.practicalanarchy.org/ Infoshop Portal -> http://portal.infoshop.org/ Infoshop Science -> http://science.infoshop.org/ AIM: AgentHelloKitty

"The USA PATRIOT Act (a.k.a. Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing the Appropriate Tools Required to Infiltrate and Obstruct Terrorism)

was originally named "Unarming and Stripping Americans of Freedom and Allowing Secret Cops to Intimidate Scapegoats and Minorities",

but they thought USA FASCISM didn't sound all that great."

-- Patrick Dempsey