[lbo-talk] RE: postmodern prince

kelley at pulpculture.org kelley at pulpculture.org
Tue Dec 2 10:59:17 PST 2003

At 12:52 PM 12/2/03 -0500, Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:
>That drop in a bucket is what you get when you strip the marginal
>utility concept of its crypto-mathematical mumbo-jumbo. Likewise,
>dropping the names dropping from much of the academic prose shows it to
>be like a guinea pig - neither Guinea nor a pig.

ahhh. i like blow job better. as some of the kids asked me once, why do they call it a blow job when there isn't any blowing go on. they also wanted to know why girls didn't get them if no blowing was actually required there, either. ha!

as for guinea pig, if you investigate a little bit into its latin name, its status as a important main dish in peru, etc. you'll see that the words point to something real and made sense, at one time. language is just that way.

kelley