[lbo-talk] Re: Like Wow, Dude, Let's All Move to Canada

Timothy Francis-Wright twright at ziplink.net
Tue Dec 2 23:01:20 PST 2003

Doug Henwood wrote, quoting the Gray Lady:

> >Chris Ragan, a McGill University economist, observed: "You can be a
> >social conservative in the U.S. without being a wacko. Not in
> >Canada."

That may be true in much of Canada, but it's hardly true everywhere! In British Columbia, you can be a social conservative and a member of the Liberals. In Alberta, social conservatism is the norm. I can see oil lubricating the social conservatism in Alberta, but I've never really understood BC politics.

--tim francis-wright