[lbo-talk] Bush Post '04: A Nightmare Scenario

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Wed Dec 3 21:55:37 PST 2003

Doug writes:

> And they're having morale and retention problems with a
> professional army. Imagine a bunch of conscripts!
> Fragging anyone?

I definately don't get this angle of it. Is it possible that they are just as worried about creating the opposite -- an elite fighting corps that could gain too much power? They are all rigged up for being "in a time of (two) wars" and yet they push forward on more BRAC closures and cutting $75/mo from a poor slogger (sic) paycheck.

I don't get it.