[lbo-talk] please, ralph, NOOO!!!

Brian Siano siano at mail.med.upenn.edu
Thu Dec 4 06:16:19 PST 2003

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Lance Murdoch wrote:
>
>> These DLC "new" Democrats are perfectly happy
>> with half of Americans, mostly poor and working class Americans, being
>> disengaged from politics.
>
> But the DLC guy, Lieberman, is unlikely to get the nomination, and
> they're beside themselves over Dean's alleged (and phantasmic)
> McGovernish liberalism.
>
> And I'm not a DLC guy, or even a Democrat, and I want Nader to go jump
> in a lake, with heavy rocks in his pockets.

Well, look at it this way. I think we all agree that Nader's impact on the 2000 election was pretty marginal, and the Democrats are making far too much about it to cover up for their own failures. If that's the case, then maybe we shouldn't worry very much about Nader's impact on the coming election.