[lbo-talk] Beaten Black Man's Death a Homicide (Cincinnati)

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Thu Dec 4 08:02:16 PST 2003

Steven:
> It is not that "the NAACP and other 'black' civil rights groups" cry
"wolf"
> every time an African American male "gets in trouble with the law," it
is
> that these groups take legal action when police power utilizes obvious
> excessive force, usually resulting in the death of the arrested.
>
> You are right, prejudice is alive and well in America, and your post
is just
> another illustration.
>
> This is very disappointing.

Let's see. A guy high on cocaine and other drugs goes into a fast food restaurant and starts trouble. The management calls the cops. The guy starts a fight with the cops and since cocaine is known to cause uncontrollable aggressive behavior, the cops use force to subdue him. The guy has a bad heart and dies. The NCAAP and other groups put it under the rubric of "racism" and "police brutality" - which implies that the guy's behavior was OK by "black" standards, while the police action was not.

With the NAACP condoning the behavior that enacts a racist stereotype of an "irrational violent black male" in this manner, who needs the KKK anymore?

PS. As they say, a social conservative is a liberal who's been mugged. After 11+ years of living in inner city Baltimore, I've seen enough to stop whining about "police brutality." In fact, I feel much safer when I see police arresting drug-crazed and violent hoodlums.

Wojtek